Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week 28: August 19-25, 2013

Really, really exhausted this week, both mentally and physically.  School started, which meant long days and early wake-up calls.  I really tried to listen to my body...which resulted skipping some workouts in favor of getting more sleep.  I also did zero run speed work.  My legs just felt too dead for it.

Monday: off
Tuesday: 3000 yard swim; skipped the planned 1 hour run
Wednesday: 45 min trainer ride, followed by 3 mile transition run
Thursday: 3050 yard swim, preceded by a 60 min trainer ride w/ 10 min @z4 inserted at 45 min.
Friday: 4 mile run, followed by a 2200 yard swim.  I *almost* skipped the swim because I felt so exhausted on the run (actually cut the run a couple of miles short) but ended up feeling pretty decent on the swim.
Saturday: 3:30 trainer ride; thank goodness for my new Netflix show, 'Orange is the New Black'
Sunday: 12.5 mile trail run at Highbanks with my running buddy, Andy.  Haven't been able to run with him for 4 months due to injury, so it was nice to catch up.  This was the only run of the week that felt ok, but it's hard not to feel ok at Highbanks...such a beautiful morning!

I am really having a hard time mentally coming to terms with the fact that Ironman is less than 2 weeks away.  I know that once I get to Madison, get checked in and settled, and get some last-minute shake-out workouts in I'll be fine, but right now I can't even process that I am going to do this race.  One mile at a time, right?!

Weekly stats:
Swim: 8250 yards (5 miles)
Bike: 5:15 trainer hours (est. 89.25 miles)
Run: 19.5 miles
Strength: 0
Hours: 11:20 (was supposed to be 14)

Training cycle totals:
Swim: 182,250 yards (110.45 miles)
Bike: 82:03 trainer hours (est. 1394 miles) + 1375.32 road miles
Run: 722.11 miles
Hours: 353:32

No comments:

Post a Comment